Since 1972 Pile Dynamics, Inc. (PDI) has manufactured instruments that assure the quality of deep foundations such as driven and augered cast-in-place piles, and drilled shafts. A research effort started in 1964 at Case Western Reserve University evolved into Pile Dynamics. Now a 50+ employee company, PDI invests heavily in research and development. PDI engineers hold several patents, and multiple PDI products have won innovation awards. PDI is known in all continents for the quality of its state-of-the-art products. Pile Dynamics and its worldwide representatives are committed to providing exceptional customer technical support.
The Pile Driving Analyzer dynamic load testing system (PDA) was the first PDI product, and is still its flagship. It evaluates the capacity and integrity of piles and shafts by the High Strain Dynamic Testing method. The data it acquires is analyzed by the acclaimed CAPWAP software, which calculates capacity and simulates a static load test. When used during pile driving, the PDA also measures driving stresses and evaluates hammer performance. The PDA can test piles remotely using SiteLink® data transmission technology.
Other noteworthy products are:
- Thermal Integrity Profiler (TIP) - integrity and reinforcement cage positioning of drilled shafts and other CIP concrete foundations by temperature measurements
- Cross-Hole Analyzer (CHAMP) – 4-channel crosshole sonic logging
- SHAPE – drilled shaft profile and verticality evaluation
- SQUID – evaluates shaft borehole adequacy prior to concrete placement
- Pile Integrity Tester (PIT) – pulse echo / low strain dynamic testing
- GRLWEAP software – simulates pile driving employing wave equation analysis
- SLT – evaluation of load resistance behavior
- SPT Analyzer – calibration of SPT hammers
- Pile Installation Recorder (PIR) - automatically monitors the construction of ACIP/CFA piles
- E-Saximeter - assesses hammer performance, records blow counts, produces a driving log
• LITE –unknown depth of steel piles